Saturday, August 14, 2010

Busy, Busy...



baby shoes

..and mommy's shoes


Well, this was our last week before teacher in-service days begin and school will start up on the 23rd so I guess I felt like I needed to see how much we could cram into a week cause we were busy, busy little bees.
  • We started off with a fantastic lunch gathering at our friends home after church last Sunday with great food and fun with the kids, and meeting some new friends.
  • Then it was off to a block party to help kick off IMPACT Week for our church.
  • Jeremy had two-a-days with football all week, and he managed to work it out so he could get up early one morning and help Chris with some IMPACT building projects at a food pantry before going to practice. I don't know how he was able to stand up at the end of that day but he managed to even love on his girls and help tuck them in when he came home that night.
  • Monday I made 9 pair of giraffe print baby shoes to ship off to a lady in Austin who is opening a childrens boutique.
  • I also finished my first pair of adult ladies shoes, complete with rubber soles! Yipee! I really like how they turned out. I also made a different style pattern and started on a leather pair of shoes but after I broke my second needle I decided to quit for a while and come back to it later.
  • I got a very special surprise sent in the mail to my best friend on Thursday so she should receive it this weekend, I'll post about it later. :)
  • Carley and Zoe and I helped stuff backpacks and make cards at the church one morning.
  • I created and ordered some really cool interactive business cards - I should receive them next week so I will post a pic then.
  • We had family come in for the weekend.
  • Went to a party at my sister's with two of my brothers and their families. Got to hang out with my nephew a while before he flys out to Alaska.
  • Played lots of dress-up, play-doh, coloring, painting, dolls, hide-and-seek, ...and cuddled a lot with my girls.
  • All-in-all a fantastic last week of summer.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Can I place a special order? I'll pay whatever the going rate is for Jackie Patton custom originals.

I'm wanting a dainty beaded necklace, a little fancy, in a primary red color theme....maybe with matching dangly earrings.