Saturday, February 5, 2011

Photo Fun in the Ice and Snow

Over the past few ice & snow days Jeremy took me on some "photo taking adventures".

It was about time I started experimenting with my Christmas present (my new Nikon D7000 with 18-200mm lens and 1080p HD video) Yes. It is awesome.

As we braved the icy, snowy backroads (my husband can sure drive a truck in bad weather) we came across many wonderful scenes.

In no particular order here are some of them:

This beautiful deer (there were about 8 or 10 of them all together big and small)

I think these are called cuckelburrs.

All of these fat little yellow bellied birds were burrowing down in the snow.


Majestic open fields covered in snow and ice.


Carley and I drew a big heart in the fresh fallen snow in our back yard.




A little old shed.



Serene, empty, snow covered back roads in the country.


Pairs of red birds were everywhere. This one stayed when the female went to hide in the trees. He just sat there in the road and let me photograph him.



I love the moss on the rooftop of this old building (before the snow arrived, obviously).


Dark berries on a tree.


Another shot of that pretty cardinal.



Red berries amongst thorns and barbed wire.



A view of the tracks.



Snow dusted yellow berries.


A softly winding snowy road through a tunnel of snow covered trees.



Each day is a journey. Choose your path prayerfully and be blessed as you let God lead the way.

No comments: