Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pictures from Flea in the Field


What a hidden gem right here in Anna! 
The Flea in the Field event was held at a quaint country place just a couple of miles down a picturesque winding road outside the city.

There were big open fields where vendors set up their tents to sell all sorts of things: organic beauty products, quilts, antiques, jewelry, stained glass, vintage accessories, art, and handmade products of all kinds. 

Our friends John and Robyn Beazley (Beazley Auctioneers) held an exciting auction. 
Here are the two re-purposed vintage doors that Jeremy and I turned into hall tables to sell.


I also had a booth at the event and sold a few crafty things. 
Lisa, the owner of this lovely property, has a huge old wooden greenhouse that she turned into an event area. The curved open roof structure of the old greenhouse was covered with chicken wire and she strung white lights over the whole thing. It was reserved for vendors who are also Etsy sellers. I was able to set up in this area (which was a blessing because it greatly helped in blocking some of the strong winds we had that day). 

There is so much potential for this venue! With the old white farmhouse, the red barn, the big open greenhouse, the gorgeous fields, trees, flowers, the hen house, and other old out buildings...wow! It is a perfect place for events like this and others. I am so excited to work with Lisa in the near future on designing promotional materials for her and discussing creative ideas. Can't wait!

A few pics from my booth.

Art for Missions:  I used some of the small shells that the kids helped me gather on the beach at Rabbit Island in Cambodia to make some special necklaces to sell to raise money to support missions. 
I will have these necklaces for sale in my Etsy shop very soon. (posting new items this week)



Much love and prayers for Mandi, Meredith, Shaela, and Dan!






This is a poster I designed to promote Artful Gatherings
I really love doing these painting parties with people and I hope that this will be a part of my business that grows this year.


* This was a card that I handed out for Artful Gatherings. I put one of my paintings on the front and all of the party information on the back with a discount offer. 
I put magnets on them so people could hang them on their refrigerator. 

If you are local and you want a card so you can get the discount on a future party just message me. :)




And I made these two postcards to promote my photography 
......they also include a discount for future photo session if anyone is interested. :)




No comments: