Monday, July 10, 2017

Taking Time Out for Adventures

If you have been curious as to why I haven't posted anything in over a month, here is the reason....


Before summer began, my little family and I had been planning a pretty big family road trip. We got the idea in our heads over Christmas break and started charting our course and planning our route. For the entire spring semester we researched and prepared and let the excitement build.

I worked on a painting during the spring months just anticipating our adventures....

I filled my tall canvas with bright contrasting colorful landscapes stretching out along a winding open road to express how I was feeling so full of beautiful possibilities, a sense of abandon and freedom and the excitement of exploring new places with the people I love with all my heart.

As soon as school ended for summer break we loaded up and hit the open road.

Our three weeks spanned 5,800 miles, 17 states, 2 countries, and our nations capitol.

If you are curious, here is the breakdown:
Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Washington D.C., and Canada 


 It was an adventure of epic proportions that my husband, our two girls and I will never forget.
 It was all that we hoped it would be and so very, very much more!


It may take a while for me to snap out of "vacation mode" and get back to any kind of routine, and I still have to sort through almost 4,000 images and videos from our trip (yikes!)....but I will be back with more art, classes and projects...eventually, lol. 

Here's hoping you have been able to take a bit of time out for adventures this summer too!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I am in love with your painting and might need one of my own. But with more evergreen trees. ;)

You're not getting off the hook that easily though. I need details of your trip!! I might need to add some of the places you went to my list. And I need to see pictures of your beautiful family in all those amazing places!!! Xoxo