Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Road Trip Summer 2017 - part 1

Summer has come to a close and routines of the new school year have begun. As we settle back into our daily schedules I will take some time to reminisce over the grand adventure we shared as a family this summer and share a few glimpses of our shenanigans with you.
* (I say a few, because in truth there are thousands of photos and video clips and it would take several hours to look through and watch them all!) Trust me. I know.

It's still a lot. But I tried.


We headed out in the wee hours of the morning the day after school let out for summer break and we spent most of the entire month of June on the road.
-18 states, Washington D.C., and Canada, oh yeah!

Quality bonding time in the car. That's what I'm talking about. 
Much love for the 3rd row seating my friends. Much love.

The t-shirt design I made and printed for our trip. 


The scenery was spectacular and I can't brag on my new car enough. I love my Buick Enclave and could not have picked a more perfect vehicle for our travels and our everyday driving. Isn't she pretty.

Ok, ok. Enough on that.

In this post I will cover the first chunk of our travels: 
Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee (1st extended stay in Gatlinburg), North Carolina (quick surprise visit to "the real life Mayberry" hometown of Andy Griffith), Virginia (2nd extended stay st Shenandoah Crossing), then drive to tour Gettysburg, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania (chocolate factory fun at Hershey), New York, and finally to Niagara Falls on the Canada side.
Whew! 
Tired yet?
I hope not.
Cause we're just getting started.

Gondola rides and alpine mountain slides!



Shenandoah Valley outdoor adventures, hiking, horses, swimming, log cabins....
can I stay a bit longer please.
Mountain and valley drives. Historic sights. Gettysburg.
We followed up our somber and reflective morning travels through battlefields and historical locations with a light-hearted stop in Pennsylvania.

Hello Hershey.
Chocolate, oh my! Yes, I believe we will, thank you.


....and waffles for breakfast with M&M's if you please!

No on to Canada my friends.
Let's check out Niagara Falls from across the border.


That's all for this post. Gotta get some sleep. Be back with more to share in a day or two. 





1 comment:

Tiffany said...

How amazing!! I love this!