Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Morning at the Art Museum


Carley and my mom and I had a girls day out on Tuesday. We drove into Dallas for "First Tuesdays" at the Dallas Museum of Art. It was a "free admission" day for kids and families. They had all kinds of art-making activities and fun stuff in their Center for Creative Connections. We also enjoyed walking through the museum and the sculpture gardens. And after we were done there we went and stuffed ourselves at a wonderful mexican food restaurant in McKinney called Christina's. Yummy! Thanks mom, we enjoyed our "girl time" with you!
BTW, all my blogging friends.......if you have never tried one of these "free days" at your local art museum you should totally get online and find out if there are any coming up in your area because it is a great thing to expose yourself and your kids to (especially when it's FREE!).
Tomorrow morning I'm taking Carley to her "Little Van Gogh" art class at one of the art studios in McKinney. I'm so excited to see her interact and create with the other kids in this kind of setting. I'll post pictures tomorrow. :)

No comments: