Saturday, August 13, 2011

5 Days of Art - Part 3, 4 & 5: Painting, Painting & Painting

I also got to spend a lot of time working on some paintings. I've listed several new ones in my Etsy shop. Here are a few that I worked on during my 5 Days of Art.

Very large 24"x48" textured canvas, acrylics and gold mica flakes with the scripture Psalm 90:2.

Smaller canvas 16"x20" abstract acrylic, 2Samuel 23:4

24"x24" Misty blue sky abstract landscape

These two were commissioned pieces for one of the coaches at school. Pictures of his boys playing baseball. I used some baseball digest pages to cover the canvas and created the look of a baseball field in the background and gave it an aged look, except on the boys themsselves... to create a nice contrast.


Check out my listings on http://artfultrinkets.etsy.com/ to see some of my other paintings.

1 comment:

gary kukis said...

I liked your painting of 2Samuel23:4 and I hope that you don't mind that I posted it within a study of 2Samuel23 on my webpage of www.kukis.org. The exegesis of this chapter is a work in progress, but it should be up sometime in May 2014.