Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Clip on Tie Projects

My sweet friend Jennifer surprised me with a bag full of wonderful vintage things that she said I could have to "make stuff"! Oh boy, I was so excited!

Just look at this pile of wonderful clip on ties! The fabrics, the patterns, the colors... oh my!
So many ideas ran through my head as I gazed at each colorful design. I could put several together and create a kind of peek-a-boo slip that would add a touch of chic to the bottom of a skirt. I could sew several of them together and create a retro purse. Hmmm.... all good possibilities, but I finally decided to sit down and see how many things I could re-purpose out of just one tie.

So I picked this one:

And I cut it into 3 different accessory pieces. (I'm still perfecting the details and may be able to get one more piece out of it so when I do I will post a tutorial).

For now, here's what I made:
A clip-on Phone Case
A Pen and Pencil Holder
A Mini Wallet/Card Carrying Case

Front View

Back View


What would you do with these great clip-on ties?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Those turned out so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly return.
La Canadienne Women's Felicia Boot