Wednesday, June 24, 2015

New Artworks

I am happy to share two new artworks with you. They are both large, heavily textured acrylic paintings on canvas. Each artwork has a special meaning to me and I've shared a little about each under the images.

P.S In case you might have wondered.....my name is just a watermark on these digital images....I didn't sign it that big. ha, ha!



faith: it does not make things easy, it makes them possible

"For with God nothing shall be impossible."  - Luke 1:37

This painting was birthed in one of the times that I had the chance to turn my worship music up loud and let it fill the room around me as I let my praise flow forth in the form of colors and movement across the canvas. I cannot tell you how these experiences of praise through art feed my soul. What a gift it is to praise the God of all creation in whatever way we are able. I cannot sing worth anything but I feel my heartbeat in the sounds my colors make as they cry out from these artworks to the One who makes all things possible.


close ups of the textures including the gold mica flakes I used:





Lotus Blossoms: inspired by photographs I took of the beautiful flowers in Cambodia when we were there on a mission trip a couple of summers ago.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what He has done from beginning to end." - Ecclesiastes 3:11


This artwork brings back beautiful and hopeful memories. Memories of a land and a people I came to love and a missionary named Mandi who serves there.  As she and others make their home across this world in foreign lands sharing the gospel of Christ with others for the first time, we lift them up in prayer. We have hope for the light of Christ to bring redemption and freedom and to fill hearts and minds with the joyful promise of eternity in heaven. 

close ups of the texture on flower petals:




No comments: