Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Holiday Photo Session Time!


I'm so excited that it is Holiday Photo time again!

I look forward to it every year and I love getting together with families to do a fun photo shoot with a range of both silly and sentimental portraits.

Here's a glimpse at my first session of the season.

A couple of things to remember when you are planning your holiday photos:

  • Outfits: coordinating but don't have to be "matchy-matchy" (if that's a word), and let them be comfortable if possible and fitting to their personality for a more authentic experience
  • Choose a photographer you are comfortable with
  • Have fun, do silly poses to loosen up....it increases the potential for capturing some "twinkle-in-your-eyes smiles", giggles that turn into laugh-out-loud moments, and truly memorable expressions





......loosening up with some silly poses:


Also consider this. While colors of the Fall and Christmas season are truly magical and should certainly be photographed; we would be remiss to neglect the fact that black and white portraits are timeless.




Sometimes the photos that are completely un-posed are the ones that speak most strongly to us.



And please don't shy away from close-ups. The eyes. The smile. That moment in time. Incredible.


I hope your Holiday Photo session this year is fabulous! And if you are in my area and want to book my services send me a quick message....just don't wait too long; availability fills up quickly. Thanks!

How about sharing some of your favorite tips or  maybe "what not to do in a photo session"?

No comments: