Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Moving in to the Art Studio!

Well February has been an eventful month here and I have a lot of updates to share.

If you happen to follow me on facebook you might have seen that I posted this quote over Valentine's weekend as we were in the process of moving boxes from storage and into the studio to unpack and set up.

It was a long 8 month journey, and there is so much truth in these words.

Here are the photos you probably would want to see first:
While it's super neat and really tidy!
I'm sure there will be a lot more on the walls and on the tables and everywhere very soon.
(*ready to add students & artwork)



 I love how there are so many options with the arrangements in this space.

Right now you can see I have a table set with stools for 8 students, but I also have an additional table and stools, plus other work stations in the room for many configurations and classes up to 12 without getting too crowded. In nice weather classes can also be extended outdoors for camps and larger gatherings.

*this is a table top we made from a sheet of good quality plywood cut to 4'x7' that has a boxed lip underneath so that it fits directly over a folding table and stays in place. We rounded the corners and I painted and glazed it just like the cabinet we built for the bathroom. Then I applied 3 coats of polycrylic to make it resistant to scuffing and very easy to clean up after painting & coloring.




I love, LOVE art supplies and books, and I love putting as many of them as possible out on display and easy to access.


In my next few posts, I will be sharing some of the details on projects that went into the space.

Much of which was a labor of love, as we worked to turn pieces of wood from the trash pile our old contractor left behind into a half wall for the loft, a counter top work space, and a unique piece of furniture.




#reclaimingitandmakingitbeautiful
  

No comments: